About Buffalo Creek Gun Club

Started in 1918, the original US Army rifle range was used to just prior to the end of WWII.  Named after Lt. Fickes who died at the range along with two other men in a freak lightning storm, Camp Fickes  was used throughout WWI as a high altitude training range, but fell into disuse before the war ended.  Rediscovered in 1960 by Ed Harvey and he founded the Buffalo Creek Gun Club (BCGC) in 1961 after a $62.50 one year permit from the USFS.
 
Today, Camp Fickes and the BCGC range encompasses 47 acres with a segregated short range and long range.  The short range has 13 pistol lanes with dedicated berms at 25, 50 and 100 yards.  The Jim Starr Long Range has 15 dedicated lanes with dedicated shooting positions from 200, 300 and 600 yards.
 
BCGC hosts matches and competitions including IDPA, Steel Challenge, 22 Benchrest, Civilian Marksmanship Program, NRA High Power and a Precision Rifle League (similar to the Precision Rifle Series or PRS).  BCGC hosts training for Scouts, churches, schools and first responders.
 
BCGC is a member run 501.C3 not for profit Colorado entity.  We serve over 1500 public and member shooters annually.  Our charter is to aid, advance, encourage and promote the education of all interested persons in the use of firearms.

BCGC monthly Board of Directors meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Aspen Park Community Center, 26215 Sutton Road, Conifer, Colorado 80433.  Please park at the RTD lot across the street.

BCGC Historical Articles

Club Documents